Monday, March 19, 2012

What the Raven Saw

I've been massively busy lately with my 'day-job' editing work, so hence the lack of regular posts. But the last lot of it (for the time being anyway!) is due this week, and I am so looking forward to posting more and catching up on some of the ARC's for my bookselling job, as well as reviewing some more of my favourite children's classics.

But the other big news is that I am going to have my own book published early next year by Random House. It is a children's novel, aimed at 8-12 year olds (but for everyone, of course!), called What the Raven Saw. I am so delighted and pleased and grateful and of course I can't wait to move further into the process of getting my own book published.

It is about a cranky, snooty (but really just very lonely) old raven and all the wacky characters he meets in 'his' graveyard, and all the adventures they have. Currently he is being represented by both my Aussie publisher and my US agent at the Bologna Book Fair. I really couldn't be happier for his grumpy old self.

No comments:

Post a Comment