Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Qantas Spirit of Youth Awards

This year I have been looking into arts grants, fellowships, mentorships, opportunities and all the rest, to help my own work and give myself the best possible chance to really move forward with my writing.

I recently entered the Qantas Spirit of Youth Awards (SOYA) - an initiative that has "been the leading grants program for emerging creative talent for over seven years ... SOYA is a creative melting pot spanning 11 key creative disciplines including interactive gaming, music, writing, film-making, fashion, architecture and more."

You can read more about the SOYA awards here: website

And for those interested, you can read my submission, including examples of my work, here: Samantha-Ellen.

Regardless of the outcome, it's been really great to have that supportive platform and creative environment for my own work.


SOYA is a great initiative - if you're an emerging, practicing artist, do apply.



No comments:

Post a Comment