Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Children's Book Festival at the State Library

For all those who love children’s books and live near Melbourne,  keep Sunday 3rd April free. The Wheeler Centre, in conjunction with the Children’s Book Council of Australia, the State Library, Books Illustrated and others,  are holding a Children’s book festival on the State Library lawns.
Authors and illustrators will abound, there will be readings, activities and the State Library of Victoria’s exhibition ‘Look! The Art of Australian picture books today.’ Link is here: Wheeler Centre
Looks pretty cool, especially the exhibition. There are also some great authors and illustrators attending, including some of my favs: Bob Graham, Elise Hurst, Terry Denton and Sally Rippin.
Which reminds me, I need to do a post soon about some of my favourite picture books and picture book authors. My absolute favourites are so gorgeous they deserve to be gushed over...

No comments:

Post a Comment