Monday, November 29, 2010

2010 INKY WINNERS

The winners of the 2010 Inky Awards were announced last week.
I know I am slow on the uptake but it's been a busy week.
So, just in case you didn't know yet, the winners were as follows:

GOLD INKY: Stolen, by Lucy Christopher
SILVER INKY: Shiver, by Maggie Stiefvater

I have heard so much about Shiver, but always steered clear because I didn't want to read another paranormal romance (often badly written) type thing, but I have heard this one lauded both critically and commercially, so might put it on the Summer reading list. (The cover is gorgeous too - very evocative).

My choice to win the Gold Inky was Raw Blue, by Kirsty Eagar. Loved this book - was one of my fave and best reads of 2010.

I am always so very impressed by The Inky long and shortlists. This is their deal: (from http://www.insideadog.com.au/inkys/index.html )
"There is no other award in Australia that relfects what teenagers want to read. The Inkys are international awards for teenage literature, voted for online by the readers of insideadog.com.au. There are three awards: the Golden Inky for an Australian book, the Silver Inky for an international book, and the Creative Reading Prize, won by a young person for a creative response to a book they love, in any format they choose."


No comments:

Post a Comment